background

Monday 27 July 2015

My 1st sew with Kraft-tex


I brought a roll of this new fabric called Kraft-Tex about 2 years ago but just couldn't bring myself to use it. I had to buy it from Germany as it was not rely heard of here in the UK.

It is a funny sort of fabric, it is a card/leather feel that can be washed and ironed like fabric but will crease up to give the look of leather.
 I decided as it was becoming more used and available here    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kraft-Tex-Roll-Natural-Publishing/dp/1607057506    to give it a go and sew a shopping bag as I now have the black Kraft-Tex too :)
I found out that it is what is used to make the labels on Levi jeans :)
Next on my list to try is cork fabric, I have ordered some but it has to come from Portugal so have to wait a little while I will post more on that when it does arrive :)

Now off to use some more Kraft-Tex.
 Here is my bag
  P.S.   I even did some fancy embroidery stitches on the outer pockets that are either side of the bag handles :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Kraft tex - off to google it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'd never heard of that - sounds interesting! Love the bag. xxx

    ReplyDelete